I’ll admit it, I am a hopeless Christmas romantic. As soon as the first snowfall came a couple of weeks ago, I busted out the Christmas movies and music and I’m in a perpetually good mood all during this special time of year.
It’s also a MUSICAL time for me, and the songwriting is FLOWING!
I want to share some of this musical bounty with you, and connect with you in a very personal and unique way by writing you a song. And since the holiday season is here, the song I write could be a song for someone special in your life who you want to bless at Christmas.
Whatever is on your heart to express, I want to help you express it by putting it to music.
Why do I want to do this, you ask?
1) To deeply touch your heart with the power of music. What better way to bless you than with a personalized song? A song that is specifically for you or for someone you cherish, is going to impact you in a way that a general song would not.
2) To help you HEAL by expressing your pain through music. Recently I wrote a song straight from the words of a comment on my most recent post entitled “Are You Scared To Share Your Story? Don’t Let The Fear Win!”. Heather’s words were so vulnerable and raw that I was inspired to write a song for her, using her comment for the lyrics. She told me that hearing her words put to music is the beginning of deep healing for her from depression and other internal battles.
3) To build my YouTube channel so I can inspire more people with my music. At some point in the future I want to share the song I write for you publicly on YouTube (it doesn’t have to be right away, if you want to commission me to write a song for a Christmas gift, for instance). Then you can help me by subscribing to my channel and sharing the video with your friends, which will help me grow my audience.
I’m not asking for any money for this music – this is completely a GIFT to you. It is my passion to share my music with you, and my joy is complete by touching your heart.
If you can help me by getting the word out about my music to more people, great! If not, I know it will spread organically just as it’s supposed to.
So here’s how we do this:
1) If you want to give the gift of a song to someone you love, send me details about him/her. Her name, picture, and any personal details that will help me to write a poignant song just for her. Let me know her likes/dislikes, passions, dreams — anything about her that will inspire a great song. The more detail, the better! I will write it based on the details you provide, and record a video of me singing it while playing the piano. Let me know your timing parameters about sharing it. I will own the rights to the song, but I will respect the timing of when you are comfortable with me sharing it on my channel.
2) If you have something you want to personally express, send me your thoughts. Send me a poem you have written, or a story, or just your current state of emotions or pain from your past that you want to express. Let me know if you want me to keep your name anonymous, or if you want to share just your first name, etc. I will respect whatever level of privacy you need. I will write your song, record a video of it, and post it on my YouTube channel.
Send your requests to email@example.com.
This is obviously on a first-come, first-serve basis, and if I get too many requests I may not get to all of them by Christmas. So contact me soon!
I can’t wait to partner with you to create some beautiful music that will touch the world.